Oil and Gas Job Recruitment Test Questions Portal on www.testmi.ng.
The oil and gas job aptitude test for 2020 recruitment exercise has been announced. As usual, invited applicants are looking for the oil and gas job past questions and answers as well as searching for the format of the examination.
We have decided to post samples of the computer based aptitude test questions which will be conducted on the www.testmi.ng employment test portal.
Note that oil and gas job assessment test questions can come from various fields of study like quantitative reasoning, physics, engineering, further maths, geology, economics, history, chemistry, current affairs, general knowledge etc. Also, most of the questions posted here were illustrated with diagrams and symbols, so its best to view this page with a computer to get a better understanding of the aptitude test questions.
Update! Oil and Gas Job Exam Set!!
This is to remind all candidates who applied for the Oil and Gas job of the upcoming virtual examination which will take place on Saturday, 14th November 2020 at 10a.m. Please go to www.testmi.ng on that day to start the virtual exam.
If you have not received your login details, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oil and Gas Job Recruitment Aptitude Test Questions.
1) A body is floating in seawater with 2/3 of its volume above the surface. The weight of the displaced water is?
A. Less than the weight of the body
B. Equal to the weight of the body
C. More than the weight of the body
D. Not enough information provided.
Questions 2 – 7 refer to the following: A tank is a vertical cylinder with inside diameter of 6ft and a height of 15ft.
2) What is the weight in pounds of the tank, as in the above case, if the tank itself weighs 20 lbs per ft of height?
A. 63,424 lbs
B. 42,241 lbs
C. 16,151 lbs
D. 10,605 lbs.
3) How much water in gallons would have to be removed to reduce the total weight of the tank plus water, as in the above case, by 20%?
A. 388 gals
B. 3,230 gals
C. 2,121 gals
D. 626 gals.
4) What would be the new level of the water, as measured from the top of the tank, if the water in the above case (equivalent of 20% of total weight) is removed?
A. 10.4 ft
B. 12.7 ft
C. 7.1 ft
D. 7.8 ft.
5) What is the volume of liquid in cubic feet if we fill the tank to one foot high?
A. 28.27 ft3
B. 18.8 ft3
C. 113.1 ft3
D. 424.1 ft3.
6) What is the total volume of the tank in cubic feet?
A. 1686.5 ft3
B. 442.5 ft3
C. 424.1 ft3
D. 847.5 ft3.
7) What is the volume of water in cubic ft in the tank if a measure stick indicates the water surface is 6 feet below the top of the tank?
A. 170.2 ft3
B. 254.4 ft3
C. 1017.9 ft3
D. 678.6 ft3.
For questions 8 to 12, select the correct preposition or adverb:
8) He insisted _____ seeing the documents.
9) It never occurred _____ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
10) I object to being kept waiting. Why can’t you be _____ time?
11) I was _____ the impression that I had paid you for the work you did for me.
12) Buying presents for children is sometimes very difficult. ___ the end I bought a kite for Tom.
13) What are two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car?
14) In computer jargon, what do you understand by CPU?
A. Computer Processing Unit
B. Computer Procedure Utility
C. Central Processing Unit
D. Central Power Unit.
15) Which of the following pair of countries consist of the permanent security council of UN
A. Brazil, Germany, France, USA, China
B. France, China, USSR, USA, Britain
C. France, Britain, Brazil, New Zealand
D. France, Germany, Japan, China
16) In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria the person must be _____ and above
A. 35 years
B. 20 years
C. 40 years
D. 55 years
17) The name Nigeria coined out of _______
A. Niger Forest
B. Niger Area
C. Niger River
D. Niger Textures
18) The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
A. Teslim Balogun
B. Louis Edet
C. Ademola Adetokunbo
D. Mike Okiro.
19) What is the equation for Ohm’s law?
A. V = IR
B. V = I/R
C. R = VI
D. I = VR
20) In direct current I = 3A, R = 4W. Calculate V;
A. 1.33 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
21) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
22) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
23) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
24) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
25) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
26) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
27) COLOR : SPECTRUM
A. tone : scale
B. sound : waves
C. verse : poem
D. dimension : space
28) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
For questions 29 to 35, select the correct answer:
29) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where your pen is
C. where your is pen
D. where is the pen of yours
30. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me to know
B. let me to know please
C. please let me know
D. let me please to be known
31. _______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
32. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposing to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to be arrived
33. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
34. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
35. Your suggestion, ______ , is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
36) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 37 to 40, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
37) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (take) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
38) I (not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
39) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
40) At present I’m having my typewriter (repair).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
41) Which word in the options is most opposite in meaning to the word in capitals? MITIGATE
42) Which word in the options is closest in meaning to the word in capitals? HABITUATED
43) A train travelling at a speed of 75 m.p.h. enters a tunnel that is 2.5 miles long. The length of the train is 0.25 miles. How long does it take for all of the train to pass through the tunnel, from the moment the front enters to the moment the rear emerges?
44) ______ is when heat travels from the warmed end of an object towards the cool end. ______ is when heat travels through space. _______ is when heat from a hotplate is transferred to water in a pan placed on the hotplate.
Insert the three types of heat listed into their correct definition: radiation, conduction, convection.
45) senate, banana, mirage, curate, revoke
Which one of the words in the options below belongs with the words above?
46) Which of the following statements are TRUE of limited liability companies?
(I) The company’s exposure to debts and liability is limited
(II) Financial statements must be produced
(III) A company continues to exist regardless of the identity of its owners.
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I, II and III
E. None of the above
47) Which of the following statements about sales tax is/are true?
(1) Sales tax is an expense to the ultimate consumer of the goods purchased.
(2) Sales tax is recorded as income in the accounts of the entity selling the goods.
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
E. Question not clear
48) If the motor M rotates in the direction shown by the arrow as illustrated in the diagram below, what is going on?
A. 1 and 2 are going down
B. 1 goes up and 2 goes down
C. 1 and 2 are going up
D. 1 goes down and 2 goes up
49) For the system in the diagram below to be in equilibrium, what is the mass of P in pounds? The mass at the other end of the beam is 5 kg.
A. 5.5 lb
B. 2.8 kg
C. 10 kg
D. none of these
50) These 3 wells have been drilled with a mud of specific gravity of 1.25 gr/cm3. In which well A, B or C, will the highest hydrostatic bottom hole pressure be recorded ?
A. Well A
B. Well B
C. Well C
D. All three will have equal bottom hole pressure
51) If the density of A is greater than the density of B. What is going to happen ?
A. If P floats in liquid A, it will also float in B.
B. If P floats in liquid B, it may or may not float in A, depending on the density of P.
C. If P sinks in B, it will sink in A also.
D. None of the above answers are correct.
52) For the circuit shown below, if V=380VAC and the bulb is rated at 170VAC, 5W, what is the resistance R that should be connected in series to the bulb?
A. 6500 ohms
B. 7000 ohms
C. 7145 ohms
D. 5780 ohms
53) If we increase the voltage across a DC motor, then the motor speed will?
C. stay same
54) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in series?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
55) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in parallel?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
56) A model of an atom which contains 24 electrons, 25 protons and 26 neutrons has some of its particles inside a nucleus at the centre of the model. What is the nucleon number (mass number) of the atom?
In the distance-time graph for two cyclists A and B below, the cyclists starts a 500 m race together but finishes the race at different times.
57) What is the distance between A and B at time t = 20s.
58) Calculate the difference in the time taken by A and B for the race.
59) How many squares are there on a normal chessboard?
Hint: There are actually 204 squares on a chessboard. There are 64 (1×1) squares. There are 49 (2×2) squares. There are 36 (3×3) squares. There are 25 (4×4) squares. There are 16 (5×5) squares. There are 9 (6×6) squares. Then there are 4 (7×7) squares and 1 big 8×8 square. So, there are a total of 204 squares on a normal chessboard.
60) Three people picked 65 apples altogether. At the first tree they each picked the same number of apples. At the second tree they each picked 3 times as many as they picked at the first tree. When they finished at the third tree, the group had 5 times as many apples as they had when they started at that tree. At the fourth tree the group picked just 5 apples. How many apples did each person pick at the first tree?
61) A bus run at 100 km/hr top speed. It can carry a maximum of 6 persons. If speed of bus decreases in fixed proportion with increase in number of person, find speed when three person are traveling in bus.
62) A man decides to buy a nice horse. He pays $60 for it, and he is very content with the strong animal. After a year, the value of the horse has increased to $70 and he decides to sell the horse. But already a few days later he regrets his decision to sell the beautiful horse, and he buys it again. Unfortunately he has to pay $80 to get it back, so he loses $10. After another year of owning the horse, he finally decides to sell the horse for $90. What is the overall profit the man makes?
63) There are 20 pieces of bread to divide among 20 people. A man eats 3 pieces, woman eats 2 pieces and a child eats half piece of bread. Tell the correct combination of men, women and children so that they are 20 people in total and everyone gets the bread. Note that a man cannot eat less than 3 or more than 3. A woman cannot eat less than 2 or more than 2 and the child cannot eat less than half or more than half piece of the bread. You have to tell there are how may are men, women and children in those 20 people.
64) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
Hint: Dividing by half (1/2) is the same as multiplying by 2.
65) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
Hint: 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o’clock, then another at 1.30 and the last at 2’clock, they will be taken in 1 hour.
66) I went to bed at eight 8 ‘clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 ‘clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
Ans: 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
67) Oil raise up the wick in a lamp. The principle involves
A. the diffusion of oil through the wick
B. the liquid state of oil
C. capillary action phenomenon
D. volatility of oil
68) Superconductors are substances which
A. conduct electricity at low temperature
B. offer high resistance to the flow of current
C. offer no resistance to the flow of electricity
D. conduct electricity at high temperatures
69) Larger buildings may be supplied with a medium voltage electricity supply, and will required a substation or mini-sub. What is the main item of equipment contained in these?
70) To which country does the present UN Secretary-General belongs?
B. South Korea
71) The headquarters of Food and Agriculture Organisation is in
72) The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F. is 13. The number of such pairs is:
73) What will be the least number which when doubled will be exactly divisible by 12, 18, 21 and 30 ?
74) The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the positions of its digits is 36. What is the difference between the two digits of that number?
D. Cannot be determined
E. None of these
75) The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
D. Cannot be determined
E. None of these
76) A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
77) If m and n are whole numbers such that mn = 121, the value of (m – 1)n + 1 is:
78) A 270 metres long train running at the speed of 120 kmph crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 kmph in 9 seconds. What is the length of the other train?
A. 230 m
B. 240 m
C. 260 m
D. 320 m
E. None of these
79) A train 108 m long moving at a speed of 50 km/hr crosses a train 112 m long coming from opposite direction in 6 seconds. The speed of the second train is:
A. 48 km/hr
B. 54 km/hr
C. 66 km/hr
D. 82 km/hr
Each question has an underlined word followed by four answer choices. You will choose the word that is a necessary part of the underlined word.
B. report card
Each of the following questions 85 – 89 consist of two words which have a certain relationship to each other followed by four pairs of related words, Select the pair which has the same relationship.
90) How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, ‘LOGARITHMS’, if repetition of letters is not allowed?
91) In how many different ways can the letters of the word ‘MATHEMATICS’ be arranged so that the vowels always come together?
D. None of these
92) How many 3-digit numbers can be formed from the digits 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9, which are divisible by 5 and none of the digits is repeated?
93) If 6th March, 2005 is Monday, what was the day of the week on 6th March, 2004?
94) On what dates of April, 2001 did Wednesday fall?
A. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
B. 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
C. 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
D. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
95) On 8th Feb, 2005 it was Tuesday. What was the day of the week on 8th Feb, 2004?
96) Which of the following tests is not done for transformer oil ?
A. Flash point and acid value.
B. Aniline point.
C. Dielectric strength.
D. Copper strip corrosion test
97) Which is the most undesirable component in kerosene ?
98) Pick out the wrong statement about the smoking tendency of various hydrocarbon constituents of kerosene.
A. Smoking tendency of hydrocarbons increases in the order : paraffins → isoparaffins → naphthenes → aromatics.
B. Smoking tendency of paraffins increases with decrease in its molecular weight.
C. Smoking tendency of naphthenes decreases with its increasing molecular weight & also on addition of double bond.
D. Smoking tendency of aromatics decreases with increase in its molecular weight.
99) Persons working in cement plants and limestone quarries are more prone to disease like
D. flourosis (bone disease)
100) Exposure to small amount of __________ results in high blood pressure & heart disease in human beings.
A. hydrogen sulphide
More practice questions will be added as time goes on. Bookmark and keep checking this page for adequate preparation.
Hope this was helpful?