MTN Scholarship 2022 Application Form is Out – See Mtn Foundation Website On www.mtnonline.com/scholarships
The Mtn scholarship 2021 details have been announced. The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high-performing full-time second-year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
The scholarship is an annual scholarship award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high-performing students. It is made up of the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
Under both scholarships, eligible 300 level students studying Science and Technology related courses and blind students studying in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) across Nigeria are awarded scholarships worth N200,000.00 annually until graduation they maintain the required grades.
Eligibility and Conditions:
1. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
2. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1).
3. Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND). Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
- Accountancy/ Accounting
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering.
Method of Application:
Visit the scholarship application page via the link below;
>> https://www.mtnonline.com/scholarships/ and click the one you are eligible for.
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
i. Valid Student ID card.
ii. Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license).
iii. Duly signed letter from relevant Haed of Department in your school.
iv. Admission letter from JAMB and Institution of study.
iv. Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
The application deadline is 15th August 2021. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
(1) Applications can only be done online via the MTN Scholarship Application Portal
(2) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
(3) Names of successful candidates will be published on National Dailies
(4) All information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable.