Local PTDF Scholarship 2018/2019 Application for Undergraduates & Postgraduates Begins.
Official Ptdf scholarship 2019 application details announced. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2018/2019 Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate awards in Nigerian Federal Universities.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2018/19 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Method of Application:
- Online application form can be accessed from the application portal via the link below;
>> www.ptdf.gov.ng at no cost to applicants.
- Instructions on how to access the online form is stated on the PTDF website. Applicants are advised to read through the requirements before applying.
- To start the application process, applicants are required to key-in their email address and select a password for a pin to be generated.
- The generated pin would enable applicants to access the form and complete their bio data.
- APPLICANTS ARE TO PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Application is restricted to Federal Universities only.
- Possession of valid admission letter into the University is compulsory for all applicants.
- Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity period of 12 months.
- Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields will be considered and the final selection shall be based on the grades on their transcripts.
- Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all category of applications.
- The scholarship is highly competitive and merit driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
CRITERIA, REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR LSS POST GRADUATE:
A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants. Membership of professional bodies. The viability of the study/ research plan (PhD applicants only).
All applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
A). (LSS) Undergraduate:
I) Applicants must be full time students in any of the Federal Universities;
II) Applicants must be in their second year of study;
III) Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry;
IV) Students must have been admitted into the University in 2017/18 academic year only;
V) Possess 5 credits in WAEC /SSCE/ NECO including English Language and Mathematics;
VI) Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4 which is equivalent to 2.1 in the first year for the 2017/18 batch of students;
VII) Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study;
Undergraduate applicants who meet the above requirements are to upload the following documents:
– Evidence of statement of WAEC/ SSCE /NECO results with at least 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
– Letter of admission into the University.
– First year academic transcript(s).
– Evidence of state of origin and local government.
– Personal statement of a minimum of 100 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study.
– Recent passport photograph.
B). (LSS) MSc. (Requirements for application):
i. Applicants must possess full time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities
ii. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an oil and gas related field or a 2.2 with a minimum working experience of 2 years in the oil and gas industry;
iii. Possess at least 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO results;
iv. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemption;
v. Applicants must be computer literate;
vi. Letter of admission into the University;
vii. Academic transcript;
viii. Evidence of state of origin and local government;
ix. Personal statement of a minimum of 1000 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study;
x. Recent passport photograph.
C). PhD (LSS) (Requirements for application):
a. Applicants must possess full time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities
b. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field or a 2.2 with a minimum working experience of 2 years in the oil and gas industry;
c. Possess at least 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO results,
d.National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemption;
e. Applicants must be computer literate;
f. A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second degree certificate in an oil and gas related discipline;
g. Valid admission letter of not more than one year;
h. Academic transcripts;
i. Evidence of state of origin and local government;
j. Research area must be relevant to the oil and gas industry;
k. PhD research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references
l. Recent passport photograph.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED BY POST GRADUATE APPLICANTS:
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
– First Degree Certificates or Statement of Results
– NYSC Certificate or letter of exemption
– WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results
– Academic Transcript(s)
– Admission Letter
– Personal Statement
– State and Local Government Identification Letters
– Recent Passport Photograph
– Additional scanned documents required from PhD applicants: Second Degree Certificates or Statement of Results; PhD research proposal – PhD Applicants are to follow the link provided below on the format of organization and structure for proposal write up; Organization and Structure of PHD Proposal.
PhD RESEARCH AREAS: PhD research areas have been provided to enable applicants chose areas of research (see application drop box).
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION:
Application will open from Monday October 8 to Friday November 16, 2018 for 6 weeks.