Visit JAMB Caps Admission for All UTME Latest News Updates and Information.
The Jamb Caps admission is the newly introduced Central Admission Processing System envisioned to solve the many challenged associated with Higher Institution Admission in Nigeria. According to the the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the objective of the Central Admission Processing System is to Addresses Current Challenges associated with admissions in tertiary institutions /Regularization with JAMB, Deliver Benefits of Automation, and Offer Significant Innovations.
The current challenges associated with Admission process in Nigeria include that it undermines autonomy of institutions with manual process prone to errors. It is laborious and inefficient and can result to multiple admissions for candidates.
It can also constrain admissions opportunities with lack of timely information for decision making. Insufficiency of Easily Retrievable Data for Research & Planning.
The JAMB CAPS Advantage.
- Restores Autonomy of Institutions.
- Protects Academic Calendar.
- Refocuses JAMB’s founding Ideals as Clearing House.
- Expands Admission Opportunities for Candidates.
- Provides Credible and Easily Retrievable Data for Researching & Planning on Education Sector.
- Access to Data for Research Purposes.
- Enhances Inclusiveness, Equity, Transparency & Accountability in the Admission Process.
- other benefits include; Efficient Use of Time and Resources, Automation Minimises Human Errors, Eliminates Multiple Admissions, Significantly reduces Attrition Rate, Enforces Respect for Internal Rules & Discourages Arbitrariness, Provides for Instant Admission, Makes Candidates the Central Focus.
Features of the JAMB CAPS System:
(A) O Level Results Upload, Requirement for Admission Consideration.
(B) Interface with NECO & WAEC for automated Results Verification.
(C) JAMB Admission Status Check / Candidates’ Confirmation of Admission Offer.
(D) “Market Place” to Source Candidates.
(E) Automatic Enforcement of Admission Timelines.
JAMB CAPS Admission Process Workflow.
- Policy Meeting
- User Profiles Creation on the Jamb Caps System
- Admission Parameters Setting on the System
- Candidates Download by Institutions
- Internal Processing by Institutions / Including Post UTME Screening
- Upload of Post UTME Screening Results
- Further Processing by Institutions
- Systems Creating Suggested Admission List Based on the Institution’s Admission Criteria
- Admission Officer Preparing Proposed List for Head of Institution’s Review and Approval
- Institution Forwards Recommended List to JAMB Desk Officer
- Desk Officer Processes Recommended List and Generates List of Provisional Admissions
- JAMB Contacts Candidates to Accept or Decline Admission
- If Candidate Accepts, Admission is concluded for Candidate
- If Candidate Declines, s(he) is returned to Market Place for Possible Consideration by Other Institutions.
Actors, Roles & Responsibilities in the New JAMB CAPS Admission Process.
JAMB conducts UTME and makes results available to institutions while schools set admission criteria on the system. Admission officer downloads candidates data, coordinates internal admission process and uploads aggregate results.
Head of institution will approve and forward recommended list to JAMB for the board to approve list of provisional admissions and contact candidates. Candidates then Accepts or Declines admission.
Challenges, Risks and Mitigants of the New JAMB CAPS System.
– Secure Technology
– Strong User Authentication
– Confidential & Individual Log-in Profile
– Comprehensive Audit Trail of ALL activities.
– Inputs from & Collaboration with Stakeholders (Admission Officers, Desk Officers & IT CAPS Team)
– Agile Development Approach
– Dual Mode (2017 / 2018) Session.
3. Knowledge / Capacity Gaps;
– Capacity Building
– Comprehensive User Guide (Printed and Online)
– Intuitive User Interface / Ease of Use
– Parameters Setting to guide operations
– Help Desk / Ticketing System for Support
– Information & Awareness for ALL Stakeholders.
4. Technology Challenge;
– Simple but yet Cost Effective & Secure Technology
– Offline Processing Capability by Institutions
– Ease of Installing Updates & Upgrades.
Critical Success Factors and Other Advantages of the System.
(i) Ownership of The System by Stakeholders
(ii) Capacity Building in Institutions
(iii) Adherence to Admission Workflow Timelines
(iv) Sustainability (JAMB’s own Product)
(v) Feedbacks and Continuous Improvement.