Apply for 2019 Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme.
All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution for postgraduate studies (Masters or Doctorate).
Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state. It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full time studies in order to assist these students financially.
2. All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Masters Degree applicants):
i. Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he/she must have graduated with a minimum of 4.6/7.0 at undergraduate level
ii Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he/she must have graduated a minimum of 3.5/5.0 at undergraduate level
iii. Where CGPA scale is 4.0 (e.g polytechnics and colleges of education) he/she must possess a Minimum of 3.0/4.0
iv. Where applicant has obtained an upper credit in Higher National Diploma (HND), he/she must present evidence of completion of postgraduate diploma (PGD)
3. All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Doctorate Degree applicants):
i. Where applicant has obtained a second class lower CGPA at undergraduate level, he/she must possess a distinction in their masters degree
4. All applicants must be in their first year or above (admitted on or before 2018/2019 academic session)
5. All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
6. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
7. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government.
8. All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
i. Admission Letter
ii. Valid ID Card
iii. Letter of identification from Oba
iv. Letter of identification from Local Government
v. SSCE result
vi. Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
vii. Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
viii. Certificate or Result statement from school stating graduating results clearly
ix. NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
x. Masters Degree Certificate (PHD applicants only)
ix. Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
How To Apply:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Treasury receipt of N2,000 for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- Valid Identity Card
- SSCE certificate
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- LASSRA Registration card
- Certificate or Result statement from school stating graduating results clearly
- Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation
2. Ensure that information are filled accurately to avoid mix up after application
3. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
4. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/lssbpostgraduate to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information and provide the secret voucher pin and LASSRA Number in the appropriate column
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
Application deadline is 15th December 2017.