Official: Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme Begins for 2017/2018 – See Application Guidelines.
The Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarship Application for the year 2017 hs commenced.
SNEPCo will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2017. This is done in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions;
University of Birmingham
University of Plymouth
Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility:
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Meet the University’s English language requirements [usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/ NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2017 admission]
- Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/201 7
- Be of Nigerian nationality (proof of this will be required)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
- Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not hove studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
- Be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant.
How To Apply for Shell Nigeria PG Scholarship 2017:
- Interested candidates are to submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission.
- Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
– University of Birmingham
– Newcastle University
– University of Plymouth
(i) The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
(ii) Please not that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than 30th June 2017.
Best of Luck To You All…