NWAG Scholarship Form for 2017 is Now Available.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in naira equivalent amount of $200.00 each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/ Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/ School or your Head of Department.
Photocopy of your current university student identification card.
- A current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“Women are maginalized in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a women rights activist and propose how you can advocate for women right in government postitions, challenge early/ child marriage. and gender discrimination.”
Method of Application: Interested prospective applicants are advised to click here http://www.nwag.org/files/2017Scholarships/2017_Scholarship_Application_Form_Nigeria.docx<< to download an application form. Completed application can be submitted with all required documents by pdf or word version to NWAG either by electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to;
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324.
SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT & STATE OF ORIGIN, AND ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
Closing Date: All applications must be POST-MARKED by May 31st, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.