FRSC Portal for Federal Road Safety Recruitment Form 2017 – Job Requirements etc.
Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2017 information on FRSC portal www.frsc.gov.ng is out.
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) is to spend N6billion on recruitment of new personnel this year, according to the Corps Marshall of the agency, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi.
He said that the proposed recruitment was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari but stated that the exercise would only proceed when funds were available.
The Federal Government created the Federal Road Safety Commission through Decree No. 45 of the 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 referred to in the statute books as the FRSC Act cap 141 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN).
In particular the Commission is charged with the responsibilities for:
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators;
- Determining, from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant for a driver’s licence;
- Designing and producing vehicle number plates
- The standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
- Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in prevention of accidents on the highways;
- Making regulations in pursuance of any of the functions assigned to the Corps by or under this Act.
- Regulating the use of sirens, flashers and beacon lights on vehicles other than ambulances and vehicles belonging to the Armed Forces, Nigeria Police, Fire Service and other Para-military agencies;
- Providing roadside and mobile clinics for the treatment of accident victims free of charge;
- Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists;
- Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices;
- Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway;
- Maintaining the validity period for drivers’ licences which shall be three years subject to renewal at the
- expiration of the validity period; and
In exercise of the functions, members of the Commission shall have power to arrest and prosecute persons reasonably suspected of having committed any traffic offence.
How To Apply for FRSC Recruitment 2017:
The Federal Road Safety Corps recruitment for 2017 is yet to commence. Interested applicants are ensure they visit this page daily for instant information when the portal for registration opens. Candidates are to apply on the FRSC official website: www.frsc.gov.ng free of charge.