Official: ABU Postgraduate Admission Form Details for 2018/2019 Session Announced.
The Abu Zaria postgraduate form 2018/ 19 is now out. The management of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria wishes to inform prospective candidates that the sale of postgraduate application forms for 2018/2019 academic session has commenced.
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
Method of Application:
- All interested applicants are advised to visit the university’s website http://forms.abu.edu.ng/pgform/ for for available courses, filling and submission of the online application forms.
- Applcation form must be submitted after the payment of application fee of N10,000.00 and bank charges of N500.00, only.
Transcripts: Candidates should request their former Universities or Institutions, to send their academic transcripts to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, ABU, Zaria prior to confirmation of their admission by the Senate.
All candidates applying for;
a. Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
b. Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy (MIAD)
c. Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
d. MPA/PGDPA, M.Ed/Ph.D. (Admin and Planning)
are to note that they SHALL BE REQUIRED to write Entrance Examinations for their respective programmes. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.