NECO GCE Geography Essay Questions 2018 is Out.
The Neco gce geography questions 2018 has been released. The National Exam Council Geography GCE essay paper will be written on Friday 30th November, 2018.
The Neco gce geography paper is for Paper II: Human and Regional Geography which will commence from 3.30pm and end by 5.30pm. The resources provided below on Neco Gce Geography have been made available to assist candidates understand the required standards expected in Geography final Examination.
Neco GCE Geography Questions 2018 [Essay]
1. (a) Highlight any three main characteristics of each of the following settlement types:
(b) State any four factors which are responsible for the growth of urban centres.
2. Write explanatory notes on any four of the following:
(a) Great Circle;
(b) Greenwich Mean Time;
(e) International Date Line.
3. (a) What is back bearing?
(b) Explain the procedure for compass traversing.
(c)Explain three sources of error in compass traversing.
4. (a) Explain the effects of the following factors on the temperature of a place:
(b) With the aid of a diagram, explain the formation of relief rainfall.
5. (a) Name four landforms associated with river erosion
(b) Describe the mode of formation and characteristics of any two of the landforms named above.
6. Study the climatic data for station A below and answer the questions that follow.
(a) plot a combined bar and line graph to represent the climatic data given above.
(b) Calculate for the station the:
i. annual rainfall;
ii. mean annual temperature.
(c) Suggest the type of climate in station A.
7. (a) Define environmental pollution.
(b) Name any four major forms of environmental pollution.
(c) Highlight four effects of environmental pollution.
8. (a) What are manufacturing industries?
(b) Outline any five factors that favour the location of industries in Tropical Africa.
(c) Highlight any four problems facing the growth of manufacturing industries in Tropical Africa.
9. Write a geographical description of Chad Basin under the following:
i. relief and drainage;
ii. people, population and settlement;
iii. economic activities;
iv. problems of development.
10. Describe the savannah belt of Africa under the following headings:
ii. vegetation characteristics;
Keep following this page and make sure you bookmark this site for reference purposes. If you have any questions, endeavour to use the comment box below…