Auchi Poly HND Admission Application Form 2018/2019 now Available.
The management of Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into full time Higher National Diploma (HND) and Post-HND (Morning) programme of the institution for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Available HND Programmes:
Higher National Diploma programmes are available in the following disciplines:
SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
(1) Food Technology
(2) Hospitality Management
(3) Science Laboratory Technology
(i) Biology /Microbiology
(iii) Chemistry /Biochemistry
(v) Physics and Electronics.
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
(2) Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS STUDIES
(2) Banking and Finance
(3) Business Administration and Management
(5) Public Administration.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
(1) Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology
(i) Farm Power and Machinery Option
(ii) Soil and Water Option
(2) Civil Engineering Technology
(3) Electrical /Electronics Engineering Technology
(i) Electronics/ Telecommunication Option
(ii) Power/ Machines Option
(4) Mechanical Engineering Technology:
(i) Manufacturing Option
(ii) Power/Plant Option
(5) Minerals and Petroleum Resources Engineering Technology
(i) Geological Engineering Technology Option
(ii) Mining Engineering Technology Option
(6) Polymer Technology.
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
(1) Architectural Technology
(2) Building Technology
(3) Estate Management and Valuation
(4) Quantity Surveying
(5) Surveying and Geo-Informatics
(6) Urban & Regional Planning.
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
(1) Computer Science
(2) Mass Communication
i. Broadcast Option
ii. Print Option
(3) Office Technology & Management
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
(i) Candidates for any of the Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes must possess the National Diploma (ND) of the Polytechnic or an equivalent qualification from other similar Institutions whose programmes have earned NBTE Accreditation. Candidates must possess a National Diploma Certificate in the course they intend to pursue at the Higher National Diploma Level.
(ii) In addition to specific departmental requirements, candidates must possess Five (5) Ordinary Level credit passes at one sitting or Six (6) Ordinary Level credit passes at two (2) sittings, which must include Mathematics and English Language in WAEC, NECO or NABTEB examination.
i. A credit pass in Literature in English at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Mass Communication.
ii. A credit pass in Economics at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Accountancy. (Departmental requirements are on the Polytechnic website: www.auchipoly.edu.ng)
Also, candidates must have at least one year Post National Diploma (ND) Industrial Experience (IT) or two (2) years Post National Diploma Industrial Experience for candidates with a pass grade at the National Diploma level. Academic transcripts from the candidates’ Institutions (except for graduands of Auchi Polytechnic) must be submitted before the application for the Higher National Diploma admission will be processed. Candidates should note that any student found to be deficient after admission will be withdrawn.
GUIDELINES FOR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA ADMISSION:
All candidates seeking admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes of the Polytechnic must ensure that they were offered admissions through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) during their National Diploma programme(s). Any candidate that does not have an Admission Letter and Registration Number from JAMB for the National Diploma programme is ineligible for the Higher National Diploma admission as such persons may not be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme.
Candidates are to note that these requirements supersede the information contained in the Polytechnic’s Prospectus.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
i. Candidates must possess a Minimum of a lower credit pass in the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Technology obtained from an institution whose programme has earned NBTE accreditation or any equivalent qualification.
ii. Satisfactory completion of NYSC or Evidence of Exemption from the programme.
iii. The duration of full-time course is Eighteen (18) calendar months, i.e., at least three (3) Semesters.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Candidates must possess the Higher National Diploma (HND) and the National Diploma (ND) in Urban and Regional Planning of the Polytechnic or an equivalent qualification from other similar Institutions whose programmes have earned NBTE Accreditation. In addition, Graduates of Geography and Regional Planning with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division Pass are eligible to apply.
Method Of Application:
Application forms will be completed online via the Polytechnic website: www.auchipoly.edu.ng (All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application and screening fee of Fifteen Thousand (₦15,000.00) Naira only payable through the following Banks nationwide in favour of Auchi Polytechnic Treasury Single Account (TSA) No.1000075, using Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) generated from the Polytechnic Website.
(1) Eco Bank of Nigeria PLC
(2) Skye Bank
(3) United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC.
PROCEDURE FOR USING AUCHI POLYTECHNIC ONLINE APPLICATION ADMISSIONS PLATFORM
Read and follow the steps below carefully.
- Open your web browser and type in Auchi Polytechnic URL:
www.auchipoly.edu.ng to display the Auchi Polytechnic web page. Select the desired portal (morning, evening or degree).
- Click on the link. Apply for 2018/2019 Auchi Polytechnic ND, HND OR PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA as it applies to you.
- The application form request will display.
- Carefully complete the application form. Ensure that you provide all required information correctly. NOTE: provide a username, (Preferably your phone number) and a password. Write your username and password in a safe place because you will need them for subsequent logins. Then click Generate Remita Retrieval Reference.
- Take the generated REMITA RETRIEVAL REFERENCE (RRR) to the designated bank and request that your payment be processed on the REMITA platform. You can also make payments on any REMITA approved payment channels. Allow a couple of hours for your payment to be processed before returning to the portal to continue with your application. Login with your username and password.
- Click on Continue With My Application Form.
- Complete the application form carefully. Ensure that you provide required information correctly as false information may disqualify your application. Upload your passport photograph as well as the required scanned copies of your credentials.
- Print a copy of the Acknowledgement slip and two copies of the application form.
- Print a copy of application summary sheet.
- Enclose two (2) sets of photocopies of your credentials; e-receipt of remita payment, birth certificate and two (2) recent passport-sized photographs to the forms in an envelope. Then bring the envelope with you to the Polytechnic on the yet to be announced date for a physical screening exercise.
Note: Any payment procedure generated and processed on any other platform for the purpose of admission is invalid. All payment procedures must originate from the www.auchipoly.edu.ng website. The Portal is already integrated with the Remita payment platform.