EBSU Departmental Admission Cutoff Points for 2018/2019 Session.
The following general guidelines and cut off points have been approved and shall apply accordingly in the 2018/2019 admission exercise o Ebonyi State University (EBSU).
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved that 2018/2019 admission exercise calendar shall commence from 2nd July and end on 17th December, 2018.
- That EBSU will not write Post UTME Examination in 2018/2019 admission exercise.
- Credit passes in O/Level Mathematics and English Language respectively shall continue to be part of the mandatory general entry requirements for the 2018/2019 admission/registration into all EBSU regular undergraduate programmes.
- Admission /Registration of candidates into undergraduate programmes of Faculty of Law, Medicine/ Anatomy/ Physiology shall continue to be based on possession of all relevant O/level entry requirements at one sitting.
- There shall be no consideration for admission/ registration of all candidates including Pre-Degree graduates into undergraduate programmes without evidence of minimum UTME (JAMB) result/score of (170). (This simply means that Pre-Degree graduates without the minimum score of 170 will not be considered for admission.
- Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has approved that the following documents (issued by JAMB) must be presented by each candidate offered provisional admission before registration.
– Original Result Slip
– JAMB Admission Letter
- The NUC approved carrying capacity for EBSU is 5,117.
- There shall be no recommendation/admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes on Awaiting Result basis. For avoidance of doubt, no candidate who fails to present ready qualifying statement of result or certificate as evidence of fulfilment of prescribed entry requirements for admission through UTME or Direct Entry (DE) shall be recommended/selected, admitted or registered provisionally.
- No candidate with an average score of less than each of the faculty cut-off scores as in the (3) below shall be considered for admission.
- Direct Entry admission shall continue to take 10% of EBSU total quota.
- Entry candidates whose 0’level results are not screened online may not be considered for admission.
- A minimum of OND/OD upper credit shall continue to form basic criteria for Direct Entry admission into all EBSU programmes.
- No Pre- Degree/other candidates who did not chose EBSU as first choice shall be considered for admission.
2. Conference Admission: The Selection of candidates for admission/registration into undergraduate programmes shall continue to be by modified Conference arrangement whereby, Departments/Faculties lists are to be mandatorily presented with each Department/Faculty Admission Committee Minutes (with dully signed Attendance List of member. Ebonyi State University general cut-off point is 170 (One hundred and seventy)
Programmes cut-off points are:
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (FBMS)
- Medicine and Surgery = 250 and above
- Anatomy = 190` “
- Physiology = 190 “
Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology
- Nursing Science = 230 “
- Medical Laboratory Science = 210 “
- Faculty of Law (FLAW)
- Civil Law = 220 “
- Faculty of Sciences
- Computer Science = 180 “
- Biotechnology –
- Biochemistry = 180 “
- Industrial Chemistry = 170 “
- Industrial Physics = 170. “
- Industrial Mathematics = 170 “
Faculty of Education (FEDU)
- Administration and Planning = 170 “
- Guidance and Counselling = 170 “
Arts and Social Sciences
- Economics Education = 170 “
- Social Studies Education = 170 “
- English Education = 170 and above
- Religion Education = 170 “
- Igbo Education = 170 “
- Accountancy Education = 170 “
- Secretarial Education = 170 “
- Computer Science Education = 170 “
- Physics Education = 170 “
- Chemistry Education = 170 “
- Biology Education = 170 “
- mathematics Education = 170 “
- Integrated Science Education = 170 “
Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Human Kinetics Education = 170 “
- Health Education = 170 “
Technological and Vocational Education
- Electrical/Electronics Tech. Education = 170 “
- Mechanical Technology Education = 170 “
- Building Technology Education = 170 “
- Wood Work Technology = 170 “
- Agricultural Education = 170 “
- Home Economics Education = 170 “
Faculty of Agriculture & Natural Res. Mgt. (FARM
- Agric. Economics, Mgt. and Extension = 180 “
- Food Science and Technology = 180 “
- Crop and Landscape Management = 170 “
- Soil and Environmental Mgt. = 170 “
- Animal Science = 170 “
- Fishery and Aquaculture = 170 “
Faculty of Management Sciences (FMS)
- Public Administration = 180 and above
- Business Management = 170 “
- Marketing = 170 “
- Banking and Finance = 170 “
- Accountancy = 180 “
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (FSSH)
- Economics = 180 “
- Mass Communication = 180 “
- Political Science = 170 “
- History and Int’l Relations = 170 “
- Sociology and Anthropology = 170 “
- Language and Linguistics = 170 “
- Igbo Linguistics = 170 “
- Philosophy = 170 “
- Religion = 170 “
- French = 170 “
- Psychology = 170 “
- English Language and Literature = 170 “
4. Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Merit Admission
The first choice admission are to be guided by JAMB approved admission criteria as follows:
Merit: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each programme shall be selected and Spread among 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionally applied if constraints of the 2018/2019 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU as a State University permits. Meanwhile, be reminded that the states recognized to be educationally less developed include:
Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa,Niger, Plateu, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
JAMB approved UTME subject combinations for different courses in the brochure shall continue to be a yardstick for all admission selection.
Physically Challenged candidates with acceptable minimum UTME (JAMB) score are to be given preferential treatment.
5. Admission Quota Criteria By Percentage: Subject to the prevailing situation, admission of candidates based on the 5,117 NUC approved quota for EBSU in 2018/2019 admission session shall be guided by the following criteria:
Merit/Locality – 80% (2,046.8 slots) subdivided into:
i. General Merit – 40% (1,842)
ii. Catchment/Locality – 40% (1,842 slots
iii. Direct Entry Candidates – 10% (512 slots)
Pre-Degree – 5% (256 slots)
6. Admission Quota Distribution to Programmes
The 5,117 NUC approved quota allocated to EBSU for 2018/2019 session shall be distributed to faculties and departments as shown on the table below:
DISTRIBUTION OF ADMISSIONS QUOTA TO VARIOUS PROGRAMMES
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE (FARM)||1. AGRIC. ECONS, MGT. &EXT.2. FOOD SCIENCE & TECH.
3. CROP & LANDSCAPE MGT.
4. SOIL & ENVIRONMENT MGT.
5. ANIMAL SCIENCE
a. Animal Science
b. FISHERY AND AQUACULTURE
|2||FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (FMS)||1.PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION2.BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
4 BANKING AND FINANCE
|3||FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES (FSSH)||1. ECONOMICS2. POLITICAL SCIENCE
3. HIST. & INT’L RELATIONS
4. SOC. & ANTHROPOLOGY
5. MASS COMMUNICATION
6. LANG. AND LINGUISTICS
7. ENGLISH LANG. & LIT.
8. IGBO LINGUISTICS
10. RELIGIOUS STUDIES
|4||FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES(FBMS)||1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY
|5||FACULTY OF LAW (FLAW)||1. CIVIL LAW||160||160|
|6||FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES &TECHNOLOGY (FHST)||1. MEDICAL LABORATORY SC.
2. NURSING SCIENCE
|7||FACULTY OF SCIENCES (FS)||1. APPLIED BIOLOGY2. APP. MICROBIOLOGY
5. GEOLOGY & EXPL.
6. COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. IND. CHEMISTRY
8. INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS
9. IND. MATHEMATICS
|8||FACULTY OF EDUCATION
|1. ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATIONOptions:a. ECONOPMICS EDU.
b. SOCIAL STUDIES EDU.
c. ENGLISH EDUCATION
d. RELIGION EDU.
e. IGBO EDUCATION
2. BUSINESS EDUCATION
a. ACCOUNTANCY EDU.
b. SECRETARIAL EDU.
3. EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
a. ADMIN. & PLANNING
b. GUIDANCE & COUNSELING
4. SCIENCE EDUCATION
a. CHEMISTRY EDU.
b. COM PUTER EDU.
c. BIOLOGY EDUCATION
d. MATHEMATICS EDU.
e. INTEGRATED SC EDU.
5. HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
a. HUMAN KINETICS EDU
b. HEALTH EDUCATION
6. TECHNOLOGY AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
a .ELECT/ELECT. TECH. EDU
b. MECH. TECH. EDU.
c. BUILDING TECH. EDU.
d. WOODWORK TECH. EDU.
e. AGRIC. EDUCATION
f. HOME ECONS.EDU.
7. Supplementary Admission:
EBSU First choice candidates who fail to get admission through merit shall be given a chance in supplementary admission provided they possess the basic entry requirements in the different areas they applied.
Note: There will be no Supplementary Admission in the following areas:
(ii) Medicine and Surgery
(iii) Medical Laboratory Science
(iv) Nursing Science.
8. Admission Through Pre-Degree (PDS)
Admission through Pre-Degree School (PDS) shall continue to be given adequate preference in such a manner that 5% of approved quota will be given to Pre-Degree School in supplementary admission.
9. Direct Entry Admission
The possession of basic O/Level entry requirements in their respective areas of discipline shall continue to be used as condition for Direct entry admission for 2018/2019 session. This is without prejudice to Direct Entry candidates in Law where single O/Level sitting entry shall be waved for those with good qualifying Direct Entry result certificates.
Note that suitable EBSU Diploma results shall continue to be considered for Direct Entry admission just like others from Polytechnics and Monotechnics. However, this is not applicable to Diploma from other university.
10. Admission Ratio: Council approved admission ratio of 80: 20 between Ebonyi catchment LGAs versus candidates from other local government Areas/States respectively shall continue to apply as much as practicable. The admission ratio of 60: 40 in favour of Sciences and Arts based courses shall also continue to apply
11. Concessional Admission
There shall be no concessional admission in 2018/2019 admission.
12. Admission of Staff Biological Children/On Staff Interest
There shall be provision for consideration of admission of staff biological children. Members of staff are advised to formally indicate such requests through collection/filling of the appropriate forms from Admissions Department. Completed forms should be signed by staff Head of Department and submitted to Admissions Department. Concerned members of staff are to be reminded that only forms for genuine biological children will be processed.
13. Screening of Candidates
Candidates shall be intensively screened to ensure that all the documents presented for admission including O/Level, PDS result slip, Declaration of Nationality UTME result are genuine. All admitted candidates as approved by JAMB in their Forum with Higher Institutions must present: Original Result Slip and JAMB Admission Letter before registration.
14. Closure of 2018/2019 Admission Exercise:
The deadline for 2018/2019 admission exercise as approved by JAMB is 17th December, 2018. All involved in admission process should strive to keep to the approved schedules to ensure that the university conclude admission within the stipulated period to avoid any possible sanction by JAMB.