NIJ Admission Form 2019 is Out – See Nigerian Institute of Journalism Application Requirements.
Nigerian institute of journalism post Utme form 2019 is now available. The Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into the National Diploma (ND) Mass Communication, Higher National Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma programmes of the institution for the 2019/2020 academic session.
General Admission Requirements:
The Institution offers programmes leading to the award of diplomas in Mass Communication. These programmes are also available on part-time basis during weekends. The full-time diploma programme is of two year duration while the part time equivalent is three years.
- Candidate seeking admission into the institution National Diploma programme must possess WASC/SSCE/GCE O’ Level Certificate, NECO or equivalent with five credits including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings and must sit for UTME.
- The pre-requisites for admission into Higher National Diploma programme are as stated in (1) above. In addition, candidate must posses National Diploma with at least a lower credit grade in Mass Communication from a recognized polytechnic or institutions of comparable status.
National Diploma – Mass Communication:
The programme is of four semesters (Two Academic Sessions) duration for Full Time students and Six Semester (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
- Five Credit passes in the WAEC or NECO Senior Secondary Certificate Examination or its equivalent in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Students’ enrolment and admission is through (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded National Diploma.
Higher National Diploma:
The programme is Four-Semester (Two Academic Sessions) for Full Time students and Six Semesters (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
- Five Credit pass as it is for admission into National Diploma.
- National Diploma in Mass Communication with minimum of Lower Credit from a recognised and NBTE-accredited institution.
- Evidence /Proof of a one-year mandatory Industrial Attachment. Admission is done directly by the Institution. At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication.
Post Graduate Diploma:
The programme is separated into three specialised areas of Mass Communication:Print Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising. The programme is of Two semester (One Academic Session) duration for Full Time and Three semester for Part Time students.
The programme is designed to expose and equip the students with the fundamental principles and theoretical framework of Mass Communication practice. Every student in all sequences apart from their professional courses, take these core courses: Foundation of Mass Communication, Theory of Mass Communication, Mass Media Law and Ethics, Mass Communication Research Methods; Communication for Development, Media Management and Topical Issues in Mass Communication.
Admission Requirements: First Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution
The School runs specialised short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialised areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas. There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
How To Apply:
Online Application for Admission for the 2019/2020 Academic Session has commenced. Interested persons should visit the school portal via: http://portal.nij.edu.ng/Default.aspx?tabid=173&AT=1 to apply.
This year application for admission will close on Tuesday, 30th July, 2019.