NOUN Admission Form 2018 now Available Online – See National Open University NOUN Courseware and TMA Portal Here.
The National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN has announced the sales of Admission application forms for admission into Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy Programmes for the 2018 Academic Session.
Courses Available at NOUN:
The list of programmes available at the NOUN are as follows;
|P010101||B.Agric Animal Science||D0101||A|
|P010102||B.Agric Aquaculture and Fisheries Management||D0101||A|
|P010201||B.Agric Agricultural Extension and Rural Development||D0102||A|
|P010202||B.Agric Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business||D0102||A|
|P010203||BSc. Agricultural Extension Management||D0102||D|
|P010204||BSc. Catering and Hotel Management||D0102||P|
|P010205||PGD. Agricultural Extension Management||D0102||A|
|P010301||B.Agric Crop Science||D0103||A|
|P010302||B.Agric Soil and Land Resources Management||D0103||A|
|P020102||B.A French and International Studies||D0201||A|
|P020201||B.A. Christian theology||D0202||A|
|P020202||B.A. Islamic Studies||D0202||A|
|P020203||PGD. Christian Theology||D0202||A|
|P020204||M.A. Biblical Studies||D0202||D|
|P020205||M.A. Religion and Society||D0202||D|
|P020206||M.A. Christian Theology||D0202||A|
|P030101||B.A.(ED) Early Childhood Education||D0301||A|
|P030104||B.A.(ED) Primary Education||D0301||A|
|P030105||BSc.(ED) Business Education||D0301||A|
|P030201||BSc.(ED) Agricultural Science||D0302||A|
|P030204||BSc.(ED) Computer Science||D0302||A|
|P030205||BSc.(ED) Integrated Science||D0302||A|
|P030208||M.ED. Educational Technology||D0302||A|
|P030209||M.ED. Science Education||D0302||A|
|P030302||M.ED. Administration and Planning||D0303||A|
|P030303||M.ED. Guidance and Counselliing||D0303||A|
|P040102||BNSc. Nursing (old)||D0401||D|
|P040201||BSc. Public Health||D0402||A|
|P040202||PGD. HIV/AIDS Education and Management||D0402||D|
|P040203||BSc. Community Health||D0402||I|
|P040204||BSc. Dental Technology||D0402||D|
|P040205||MSc. HIV/AIDS education and management||D0402||D|
|P050102||PGD. Legislative Drafting||D0402||A|
|P060101||BSc. Business Administration||D0601||P|
|P060102||BSc. Public Administration||D0601||P|
|P060103||PGD. Business Administration||D0601||P|
|P060104||PGD. Public Administration||D0601||P|
|P060105||Masters in Business Administration||D0601||A|
|P060106||Masters in Public Administration||D0601||A|
|P060107||MSc. Business Administration||D0601||P|
|P060108||MSc. Public Administration||D0601||P|
|P060109||MSc. Public Sector Management||D0601||I|
|P060112||PGD Local Government Management||D0601||I|
|P060113||Masters Public Personnel Management||D0601||I|
|P060114||Masters Hospital Administration||D0601||I|
|P060115||PGD Human Resource Management||D0601||I|
|P060116||MBA Human Resource Management||D0601||I|
|P060117||PGD Corporate Governance||D0601||I|
|P060118||MBA Corporate Governance||D0601||I|
|P060122||eLoun BSc. Business Adminsitration||D0601||D|
|P060202||BSc. Corporative Management||D0602||A|
|P060205||eLoun BSc. Marketing||D0602||D|
|P060302||BSc. Banking and Finance||D0603||P|
|P060303||PGD. Finanacial Management||D0603||P|
|P060304||PGD. Banking and Finance||D0603||I|
|P060305||Masters Financial Management||D0603||I|
|P060306||MBA Banking and Finance||D0603||I|
|P060309||eLoun BSc. Banking and Finance||D0603||D|
|P070101||BSc. Data Management||D0701||P|
|P070102||BSc. Computer Science||D0701||A|
|P070103||BSc. Communication Technology||D0701||A|
|P070104||PGD. Digital Communication||D0701||I|
|P070105||PGD. Information Technology||D0701||A|
|P070106||PGD. Mobile(Wireless) Communication||D0701||I|
|P070107||MSc. Information Technology||D0701||A|
|P070201||BSc. Environmental Science and Resource Management||D0702||A|
|P070302||BSc. Maths and Computer Science||D0703||A|
|P070303||BSc. Finanacial Mathematics||D0703||P|
|P070404||BSc. Physics Computer Science||D0704||I|
|P080102||eLoun BSc. Economics||D0801||A|
|P080201||BSc. International and Diplomatic Studies||D0802||N|
|P080301||BSc. Mass Communication||D0803||A|
|P080302||PGD. Mass Communication||D0803||D|
|P080305||MSc. Mass Communication||D0803||A|
|P080401||BSc. Political Science||D0804||A|
|P080501||BSc. Tourism Studies||D0805||A|
|P080502||BSc. Hospitality Management||D0805||N|
|P080601||BSc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||D0806||A|
|P080602||PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||D0806||A|
|P080603||MSc. Peace Studies and Conlict Resolution||D0806||A|
|P080701||BSc. Criminology and Security Studies||D0807||A|
|P080702||PGD. Criminology and Security Studies||D0807||A|
|P090101||Diploma in Buiness Communication||D0901||I|
|P090102||Diploma in Arabic and Islamic Studies||D0901||I|
|P090103||Certificate in Arabic and Islamic Studies||D0901||A|
|P090104||Diploma in Financial Management||D0901||I|
|P090105||Diploma in Medical Practice||D0901||I|
|P090106||Certificate in French||D0901||A|
|P090107||Diploma in French||D0901||I|
|P090108||Diploma in Marketing||D0901||I|
|P090109||Diploma in Entrepreneurship||D0901||I|
|P090110||Certificate in Theology||D0901||A|
|P090111||Diploma in Christian Theology||D0901||I|
|P090112||Certificate in Dental Office Practice||D0901||A|
|P090113||Certificate in Computer Literacy||D0901||A|
|P090114||Certificate in Call Centre Skills||D0901||A|
|P090115||Proficiency Certificate in Mobile Phone Repairs||D0901||A|
|P090116||Diploma Catering and Hotel Management||D0901||D|
|P090117||Diploma Legislative Drafting||D0901||I|
|P090118||Certificate in Marketing||D0901||I|
|P090119||Certificate Beauty Care||D0901||I|
|P090120||Certificate Medical Office Practice||D0901||I|
|P090121||Diploma in Beauty Care||D0901||I|
|P090122||Diploma in Computer literacy||D0901||I|
|P090123||Certificate in Seed Science||D0901||I|
|P090124||Certicate in Entreprenuership||D0901||I|
|P090125||Certifcate in Finance and Accounts||D0901||I|
|P090126||Certificate in Hotel Management||D0901||I|
|P090127||Diploma in Hotel Management||D0901||I|
|P090128||Certificate in Legal Studies||D0901||I|
|P090129||Diploma in Legal Studies||D0901||I|
|P090130||Diploma in Beauty Therapy||D0901||I|
|P090131||Certificate in Beauty Therapy||D0901||I|
|P090132||Diploma in Biotechnology||D0901||I|
|P090133||Certificate in Biotechnology||D0901||I|
|P090134||Diploma in Small Business Management||D0901||I|
|P090135||Certificate in Small Business Management||D0901||I|
|P090136||Diploma in Secretarial Studies||D0901||I|
|P090137||Certificate in Secretarial Studies||D0901||I|
|P090138||Diploma in Multimedia Design||D0901||I|
|P100101||Phd. Animal Science||D1001||D|
|P100102||Phd. Crop Science||D1001||D|
|P100201||Phd. Christian Theology||D1002||I|
|P100202||Phd. English Language||D1002||I|
|P100301||Phd. Educational Administration||D1003||A|
|P100302||Phd. Educational Technology||D1003||A|
|P100303||Phd. Science Education||D1003||A|
|P100304||Phd. Educational Planning||D1003||A|
|P100305||Phd. Mathematical Education||D1003||A|
|P100601||Phd. Banking and Finance||D1006||D|
|P100602||Phd. Business Administration||D1006||D|
|P100603||Phd. Public Administration||D1006||I|
|P100701||Phd. Applied industrial Mathematics||D1007||D|
|P100703||Phd. Environmental Studies Resource Management||D1007||D|
|P100704||Phd. Open Educational Resources||D1007||I|
Candidates seeking admissions into various programmes in NOUN must have the minimum entry requirement as follows;
I. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary. Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates / Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge / proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
II. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate / Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE / GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
III. Undergraduate Programmes
a) 100 Level;
- Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
b) 200 Level;
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
Candidates for entry into School of Health Sciences for:
a) B.Sc. Community Health:
Direct Entry to 200 Level;
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASSC, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and either Physics, Geography or Economics.
- A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Extension (Ordinary National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
Direct Entry to 300 Level;
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASSC, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and either Physics, Geography or Economics.
- A registered and licensed Community Health Officer with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Concessionary Admission: Mature licensed and registered Community Health practitioners of 45 years and above who are on Grade Level 10 and above that do not possess any of the above stated admission requirements may be considered for admission to run the four year programme.
b). B.Sc. Environmental Health Same as B.Sc. Community Health above and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
Direct Entry to 200 Level: Candidates may be admitted into 200 level of the programme provided they have the following qualifications:
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Health Science.
- Diploma in Environmental Health Technician obtained from a recognised College of Health Technology.
- A valid practice permit issued by Environmental health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORECON).
Direct Entry to 300 Level Candidates with valid license issued by EHORECON may be admitted into 300 level of the programme provided they have any of the following qualifications in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements:
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Environmental health Technology.
- The Public Health Inspector’s Diploma of the Royal Society of Health (RSH) or West African health Examination Board (WAHEB) Diploma for Public Health Superintendents or Diploma in Community Health Officer.
- Concessionary Admission: Mature licensed Environmental Health Officer 45 years and above who are on Grade Level 14 and above that do not possess any of the above stated O / L admission requirements may be considered for admission into the 300 level of the programme.
c) B.Sc. Dental Technology To be eligible for admission for B.Sc. Dental Technology, candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- must be a registered Dental Technologist with Dental Technology Registration Board of Nigeria (DTRBN).
- a holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Dental Technology or Final City and Guild of London Certificate or Professional Certificate in Dental Technology issued by DTRBN.
- Must have a valid practicing license from DTRBN; and
- In addition to fulfilling the requirements above, such candidates must also possess five (5) SSCE / WASC / NECO / NABTEB O / Level credit passes including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Concessionary Admission: Matured Registered and licensed Dental Technologists of minimum of forty (40) years of age and with not less than ten (10) years post qualification experience who do not possess five (5) O / Level credit passes as stated above may be considered for admission but will be required to do some remedial courses (access courses).
Admission Requirement Into School Of Agricultural Sciences:
a) Undergraduate Programmes: To be admitted into the 5 year B. Agriculture, Candidates must have
i. 100 Level: Credit passes in 5 WASCE / GCE / NECO. Subjects including English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology / Agricultural Science, at least a pass in Physics. The Credit pass in Agric. Science must be backed up by at least a pass in Biology.
ii. 200 Level : “A” Level passes in the relevant subjects
- ND with a minimum of Upper Credit plus 5 Credits in WAESC/NECO/GCE “ O” Level to be admitted into 200 Level.
- Direct Entry – OND with upper credit may be admitted into 200 levels of theprogramme.
- NCE with credit passes in any one of the options below may be admitted into 200 level of the programme:
(i) Agricultural Science
(ii) Biology / Chemistry
(iii) Integrated Science / Chemistry
(iv) Home Economics and related Science based courses
- HND with credit pass in Agriculture or related programmes, and credit passes in requisite subjects at O’ Level may be admitted into 300 Level and may be required to take relevant courses at 200 Level.
- 5 years for 100 and 4 years for 200 level entry candidates.
IV. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- Candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological / Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- Candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV / AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
V. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV / AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV / AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
VI. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
VII. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Five credit passes at SSCE/GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level must be in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all sciences and technology, business education and science education programmes. A pass in Mathematics may be considered for social sciences programmes. Also a pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A. English, B.A. (Ed.) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have a credit in Literature in English.
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience (including first degree/HND/RN) may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met. Note: Candidates may be required to satisfy additional requirements by specific Schools.
VIII. ACCESS PROGRAMME
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public.
- Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice
- For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively.
Duration: NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
Method Of Application:
The entire NOUN admission form application process is electronic and online and operates 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit the NOUN Portal via; https://www.nouonline.net/
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission.
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme.
- Goto “Choose Faculty” and select Faculty and Programme of study.
- Select “Level” (Note: Postgraduate level is preset.)
- Select “View Subject Required” to view compulsory subjects required for admission.
- Click “Apply” to proceed to payment form.
- Input details. (Note: Amount is fixed and non refundable.)
- Select Bank Branch as payment type and click “Pay”.
- Copy and take your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number to any bank branch for payment. After payment, perform step 1 to 3 again.
- Goto “Continue After Payment” and input Applicant Name and RRR number. Then click “Proceed”.
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory. After filling form, click “Submit” and print Admission Letter.
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening.
Application is always open (No closing date).